Octomore Edition 12.3
62.1% | 70cl | Islay Scotch Single Malt
- MALTED TO 118.1 PPM
- DISTILLED IN 2015 FROM THE 2014 HARVEST OF 100% OCTOMORE FARM GROWN CONCERTO BARLEY
- MATURATION PROFILE: TWO PARCELS OF SUPER HEAVILY PEATED SPIRIT WERE MARRIED TOGETHER TO CREATE THIS 12.3. THE FIRST PARCEL (75%) WAS MATURED FULL TERM IN FIRST FILL AMERICAN WHISKEY CASKS. THE SECOND PARCEL (25%) WAS MATURED FULL TERM IN FIRST FILL PX SHERRY BUTTS FROM FERNANDO DE CASTILLA
- MATURED ON ISLAY FOR 5 AGED YEARS
- BOTTLED UNCHILL-FILTERED AND COLOURING FREE AT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY
- BOTTLED AT 62.1% ALC./VOL
Octomore 12.3 is single vintage, single field, single malt. Raised in Church Field on Octomore Farm by friend and farmer James Brown, this Islay grown barley has been trickle distilled through tall narrow necked stills just two miles from where it was grown.
This terroir-driven spirit would take two separate journeys before being combined; 75% was filled into ex-American whiskey casks, while the remaining 25% spent five years maturing in genuine Pedro Ximenez Solera casks from Jerez bodega Fernando de Castilla.
This Islay barley spirit has breathed slowly and delicately for five aged years, its salty citrus marine note resulting from the locale of where the barley was grown and our warehouses proximity to the sea. The Pedro Ximenez casks contribute sweet dried fruit notes which highlight the rich dry peat smoke of Octomore.
“THE DNA OF THIS SPIRIT AND THE UNIQUE SOUL OF THIS WHISKY IS OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE. TO HEAR THE STORY AND TO TASTE THE WHISKY IS TO IMMERSE YOURSELF IN A SINGLE VINTAGE FROM A SINGLE HARVEST, RAISED IN ONE FIELD.”